BLACK DOLL PROJECT LOVE LETTER CAMPAIGN
In 2017 we initiated the Black Doll Project as an act of affirmation by sending Black Dolls to the Caribbean to assert the love and power of our Blackness, our Negritude. As people of color we have been stigmatized by the lack of representation in media outlets. What has infused our collective narratives is the perception that we are less than, non-existent, and our worth has been devalued. By sending a Black Doll to a child in the Caribbean we are reaffirming our existence and empowering our children to love, see and imagine their future selves. Our message is a reminder that they are valued and that they matter.
Every year since we started the Black Doll Project, along with the dolls, we would love to provide words of affirmation to the recipients. Our message is a reminder to empower Black children and alter the narratives that have infiltrated our global framework. We are accepting letters written in Kreyol, Spanish, English, French, and mp4 links.
- To get 200 letters to accompany the dolls that have already been donated/purchased for this holiday season
- FORM: https://bit.ly/blackloveletters.
- DEADLINE FOR THIS IS 12/26/2020 SO THAT LETTERS CAN BE TRANSLATED AND PRINTED IN TIME.
- To recruit a few volunteers that could help with translating letters as needed (Kreyol, French and Spanish).
- To fund this ongoing project so that more dolls can be sent throughout the year.
- To bring awareness to this organization and support for their work.
Join me as I send words of affirmations across the diaspora as part of this amazing Black Dolls Project! The form just takes a few minutes and the letter that will be delivered to a child, along with a doll, will be priceless. #BlackDollLoveLetters
Looking for something to do with the kiddos to give back and share in the joy of giving? We are in need of…your words! We want to give each of our dolls with a personal message from a community member. Can you help? It takes a few minutes but will impact a child for a lifetime. #BlackDollLoveLetters
Want to know about the #BlackDollProject?
Please check out this video by Clarivel Ruiz to see a little about where this movement started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl578jRheVQ. If you want to help, read more about it here: http://bit.ly/DONATELOVE.
Social Media Handles